Nexus at St Leonards, 13-15 Atchison Street, St Leonards

The most energy efficient and sustainable strata building in Sydney!

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home What can I do about noise pollution?

What can I do about noise pollution?

E-mail Print

Noise Pollution

In NSW, noise pollution is regulated through the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997 (POEO Act). The POEO (Noise Control) Regulation 2008 also sets certain limits on noise emissions from motor vehicles, vessels and domestic use of certain equipment.

The Department of Environment, Climate Change and Water shares responsibility for enforcing noise control regulations with local government, NSW Police and NSW Maritime (see Reporting noise pollution).

It is important for anyone resolving disputes over noise pollution to realise that what is music to one person might be offensive noise to another. In responding to noise complaints, an authorised officer will take the approach of what a 'reasonable person' would consider offensive.


Nexus Noticeboard

No Notices today

There are no notices today.

The Nexus Team.

Mobile: 0423-035-769

Executive Committee Portal